Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

SOME FUN IN THE COLD

I have no pictures to show you but take my word for it - this really happened.
Woke up this morning and checked the outside thermometer and it read -30!!!  I started the fire.  I then thought of a video I had seen where someone in Siberia I think, had thrown boiling water off a balcony and it turned into snow - just a cloud of snow floating out from the pot.  I decided I was going to try it, once it got light - it is still dark at 6:30am up here.
I waited until it got light out then boiled my water and hit the balcony.  I never thought to get a picture.  But it really worked!!  A cloud of snow floated upwards and out from the cup of water I threw off the balcony.  I tried it a second time.  What a blast.  I tried it later in the day when it was only -24 and with cold water but it didn't work.  I guess the secret is boiling hot water - and -30!!!

I will see what the temperature is tomorrow morning and try it again - this time with pictures.

CAUTION!!  Boiling water is very hot - do not attempt unless  accompanied by a responsible adult - or you are one :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cant wait to see photos

Anonymous said...

You really need to get a job.