Total Pageviews

Friday, May 30, 2014

AN EASY CHOICE

Last nite we decided to go fishing instead of watching the hockey game and it turned out to be the right choice.  Fishing was good - everyone caught a fish and we had some company.  I wasn't watching because I was rigging up after a snag and I heard a splash right in front of me.  I looked and there was a duck.  It had landed not 10 feet in front of me in the water.  I quickly saw it was a Black Duck - the one in the foreground (male or female I don't know).  She wasn't the least bit scared of us and proceeded to swim around the shore line in front of us for at least a good half hour.  At one point I was reeling in a bass and it jumped right underneath her and she just flew a short distance away - just far enough to get out of the way and then carried on as if nothing had happened.  She was just about 2 feet away from Rick at one point and when she paddled in front of me you could see the water just rolling off her back.  She just calmly picked at bugs on the water and grasses under the water.  How interesting was that.

We did manage to catch the last five minutes of the game.  It was a good five minutes.

No comments: