Total Pageviews

Monday, May 26, 2014

STREAM FISHING






 Rick and I talked Rejean into taking us stream fishing today.  We had worked for 3 days in a row and we needed some play time.  From the absence of other people's tracks we figured we were the first to hit the stream this year.  You could hear it before you saw it - it was just roaring!!!  It was running fast so we just fished up stream instead of down stream.  I got one small brookie - Rick got his limit and they were beauties.  Rejean got 2 nice ones.  We ate them for dinner.  Yum Yum!!
I was just rigging up when I caught a movement to the right - I looked and there was a Fisher running along a log very close to me with a fish in it's mouth probably taking it to feed it's young.  He didn't see me or it would have taken a long way around me.  Nice to see nature up close.
But the bugs were bad.  We have stream fished for years and it is my favourite type of fishing.  We had hip waders on because it was too hot for chest waders.  We also carried walking sticks and used them all the time.  Hard to imagine that we never used them before - back when we were younger.  They came in very handy at times traipsing thru the bush, slippery rocks and fast moving water.  But I never fell - altho I had to grab a tree once to stop a fall.  Between the bugs in your ears, nose and eyes, the tangles in trees and bushes and the slippery rocks, it is a wonder we came out alive.

If I didn't love it so much, I would never do it again.

No comments: