Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CHORES

There are things that you just have to do to survive (live comfortably) up here. Today I topped up my wood drawer and the wood stand in the workout room. I also replenished the kindling bucket for upstairs and the one in the workout room. I have two axes that I use for this activity. One is my new 5 pound splitting axe. In the wood shed the pieces of wood are sometimes a bit big for the wood stoves. I take about every third one and split it. I set the piece on end on the snow by the wood shed and take aim with the axe. I must admit that sometimes I miss or take off just a slice. But I am getting better. The squirrels know to stay away from me when I am swinging that axe. The one I use to split the kindling is smaller. We cut about a cord of cedar last spring and that is what I am splitting. It was a fairly straight tree with few knots. Easier to split. I sit on a pop crate and turn on my tunes and split on the cement floor downstairs. A chore I don't mind. So far no cut feet or hands. Touch wood. It is one chore you have to focus on what you are doing. I consider that part of my exercise routine - upper body. Later on in the afternoon, I got in 1/2 hr on the treadmill at #3 elevation. My little birds and squirrels entertained me while on the treadmill. Makes the time just fly by...
See Ya Bye

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are you going to chop your kindling once the new flooring is in place?

Anonymous said...

are you going to stuff-the-mouse? it would make a great conversation piece for the mantle. no wonder you have to work-out so much-after a dinner and dessert like that!!!i'm jealous-sistersue

northernbliss said...

I have to do the kindling in the garage - or I can sit outside by my woodshed and do it there. I'll have to see which is better - and as far as the mouse thing, Susan, I already have 2 stuffed fish - I don't need a stuffed creature - besides, it was a bit chewed up from the fan. Ugh - Rejean threw it over the hill and I am sure it is gone by now - fox food.