Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

ALL'S WELL...BUT DIDN'T END WELL

I will not dwell on the negative aspect of my trip - you will notice that there are no pictures of the beautiful bride and handsome groom on their wedding day that I was hoping to start my blog out with - that is because...I lost my camera!!!!!  With all the beautiful pictures of the wedding and festivities before and after.  I believe it was left in the Calgary airport gate when the flight was called.  I hadn't packed the camera in a suitcase because it was discovered upstairs on the kitchen table and all the suitcases were already packed and locked and being loaded into the truck so I just carried it.  At the gate I put it down with my purse and piled both Rejean's and my coat and sweater on top of it.  In the process of picking everything up, it was forgotten...I have notified the Calgary airport, Air Canada and even the Toronto airport.  All I can do now is hope that the person who found it will be honest enough to pass it on to someone at the airport and it will make it's way to the lost and found. 

BUT, what a week it was.  Joanne and Mitch met us at the Calgary airport with the above sign.  Ha Ha.  It really has been 20 years since we have been there and Mitch's family doesn't believe Joanne has a family.  And Jodie has been out there for years.  But we have been busy.  I don't think it will be another 20 years before we go back. 
The next picture is of Stacey, Jodie and Mari-lou taken at Jodie and Dave's condo.  We had the whole family together and it was a lot of fun.
We headed out to Canmore on the Friday afternoon where we all had reservations at the Banff Boundary Lodge - I highly recommend it for some amazing accommodations.  Every direction was an amazing view of the mountains and it was very comfortable.  2 bedrooms, King and queen size beds, full kitchen, 1 1/2 baths, fireplace and tv.  It was very easy to get to everything and cabs were very easy to get (and highly recommended especially during a wedding weekend!!)
There is tons more fun to report but I will leave some for tomorrow. 
See Ya Bye

ps - the photographer at the wedding was Bake Photography and she has posted on her facebook some pictures of the wedding.  If you go on facebook you can "friend" her, if that is the term, and see some of the pictures.
Meanwhile, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that my camera is turned in

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow 20 years!!!! Hopefully you can get some wedding pic's from the photographer

Anonymous said...

no fasinators????