Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

NEW YEAR'S EVE ON AXE

What a great way to bring in the New Year with friends on Axe Lake.  As usual, Davey brought tons of ribs (the first picture of only one of the roasters full of ribs and sausages) there was a lot of food - my eggs were devoured quickly and Linda's Rice Krispie Squares were d e l i c i o u s!!  It was a nice mild evening and we spent the majority of the time outside by the big bon fire.  My glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets went over well.  There was enough for everybody thank goodness.  No one was lost.  We didn't have a New Year's baby because the chosen one was passed out on the bed - these young guys can't hold their liquor!!!
The third picture down is the grate on which the ribs and sausages were cooked on.  It works very very well. 
I didn't think I would make it to midnight but I did.  Les had us count down at 11pm because he wanted to go to bed so we had a special New Year's celebration for him at 11pm.  A bunch of guys visited Bob at his house because he was sick.  This was his second time in a row that he has been sick on New Year's.  Hope he is feeling better - it just wasn't the same without him. 
We headed home at about 12:20 - we both maintained during the nite so we both could have driven home.  I certainly am glad I did because I feel pretty good today.  Rejean thinks he is coming down with something - unavoidable after coming in contact with germs from Windsor and Gorrie.  He'll take it easy today as I will too. 
How was your New Year's Eve?????

1 comment:

Eddie O said...

tell Linda we will be up in April and I just love her rice crispy squares, we'll buy all the ingredients,if she would only make some for some weary travellers yum yum