Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

WE MISSED YOU ROGER

Another successful gathering last nite - a fish fry held to get rid of fish that Kenny had in his freezer - we had some as well so there was plenty to go around.  There was bass, perch, walleye and pike.  And besides our usual cheese ritze cracker breading Rejean went on line and got a beer batter recipe that was a hit.  It was good but I prefer the cheese ritz cracker recipe.  Ron and Mary were in charge of the french fries and I made home made bread and the cole slaw and, of course, devilled eggs that went fast.  Linda made her rice krispie squares and some cupcakes and Joy brought some cupcakes as well.  Darlene made the appetizer.  We had quite the crowd.  Ron and Mary, Linda and John, Darlene and Ron, Kenny and Kenny jr, Bob, Diane, Robin and Randy and Joy and Arnold.  We had a fire going outside to keep warm as it was very cold.  Some arrived on their snow machines and took a ride on our lake - I wouldn't have wanted to be them when they left after dark.  Bob, Randy and John were the ones on the machines.
Kenny said that Roger had called and was sorry he couldn't have been here for the fish fry but I am sure there will be many more opportunities to attend another gathering.
Everyone was gone by 8:30 which is just as well as I am trying to get over my cold so I spent the rest of the night watching taped episodes of Storage Wars - my new favourite program - Yuuuup.
See Ya Bye

ps - I want to welcome my new follower - Alan.  Stick around because I will have some good fish stories to tell that you will enjoy.  The ice is safe to head out to do some ice fishing - finally.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Ritz breading!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know it is going to be -25 in Calgary on Wednesday - just saying...

Anonymous said...

Yes it has been quite cold out here, but it is a dry cold!!!!

Steve said...

Janet,Could you drop me a line sometime. I have a couple questions about a place on Wakomata. Thanks, Steve.