Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 8, 2008

One Man's Junk.....

Well it was clean up the dump day - got started at 10 am and worked my ass off. It was just picking up the little grocery bags that the wind distributes all along the road into the dump and into the woods. It had rained here yesterday so it was a bit wet - but I wore my trusty green boots so my feet were protected. I had one my turtleneck (of course) and a sweatshirt that I had to take off because it got a bit warm from all the hard work. I have a little stick called the Pikstick that picks up the garbage so you don't have to bend down all the time and it works like a charm. There were some pieces that were so imbedded in the soil that you needed to use your hands that were covered in gloves. It looks great altho I am going back on Saturday to do the whole road from the highway up. I started up near the top so I will have to finish what I started. As you can see from the picture there is an old almost boxcar container we call the store and people put stuff in there that they think someone wlse could use - but the majority of it is junk that should have been put in the garbage pile so we cleaned that out as well. I had the best part - there were boxes and boxes of glasses and dishes that were to go in the constuction pile - well I had about 6 boxes to get rid of and just throwing them in the pile individually and hearing them break was great - someone had bundled about 10 flourescent lights and I threw them down there and heard them pop!!! It was fun!!! Also saw salamanders under the leaves - neat little things.
There is a joke that "you know you are a redneck if...you leave the dump with more than you brought" Well...guilty as charged - I found two little crystal vases that I brought home to clean up and they look fantastic - so one man's junk is another man's treasure - how true.
I came home at three and got about 1 1/2 hours of sunning in on the deck - how relaxing.
Tomorrow - who knows what I'll do.
See Ya Bye

pictured are my friends in dump duty from left to right - Skip, Joanne, Erla the dump lady and Pat - I took the picture or I would be in it - I'll have to learn how to use the camera so I can be in the picture too

No comments: