Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What The Heck Was That????

Well it rained all day here and my clean up the dump day was cancelled until tomorrow when it will be nice - figures. Hopefully it will not be an all day event and I do hope to take advantage of the nice weather and sit on the deck. We are supposed to have a lot of help so maybe it will be a short day.
I went into Blind River today to drop off the water sample and do some shopping in the "big town" bigger than Thessalon and the grocery store does have a better selection which translates to having my salad dressing.
On the way home (you do scan for wildlife up here) I saw what at first glance was an ostrich but - come on Janet - there are no ostriches up here. It was tall, and brown and had the droopy wings but I realized it was a Sandhill Crane grazing at the side of the road. Usually they are grey but apparently this one wasn't. I am used to seeing the Great Blue Herons up here but it is always a treat to see the Sandhills - they are quite noisy when they fly over - you can always here them coming.
Well just a shorty blog today - I emailed Stacey and asked for a reservation for next week at the mansion - I get out of Dodge when the fisherman come.
See Ya Bye
ps - just a picture I liked today - nice fish Ricky!!

No comments: