Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

Jack figuring out his next move on the Public Train. I love this game!!!
It was a short trip but it is always good to be home. We were lucky we missed all the bad weather. And we accomplished everything we set out to do (with the exception of the dental fiasco and one other thing I couldn't do :o( We left London on Thursday morning and arrived at my sister Susan's place at about 11:30 - Sue and I quickly made our way to downtown Listowel to do some shopping - yes there are good places to go in Listowel - like Giant Tiger!!! I think Susan should own shares in that company - you ask her where she got something - "Giant Tiger" where did you get that - "Giant Tiger". We hit the Zehrs where I picked up my 2 loaves of Sour Dough bread for the Super Bowl party on Axe Lake - it will go with the chili that Bob and John are going to make - 2 different kinds. Robin is going to make pizza for half time and Linda is going to make a cake. Ron and Mary will bring some venison pepperettes. I don't think I will eat anything tomorrow or Sunday just to have room for all the goodies. But, I am getting off topic.

Susan prepared a steak dinner for my birthday. There was also French Onion soup (from Giant Tiger), garlic shrimp, baked potatoes and, for desert, I made pecan tarts (under Susan's tutelage) She stuck a candle in one and that was my birthday tart. I didn't eat it because I don't like pecan tarts - but it was the thought that counts...We had a couple of rip roaring games of Dominos. We actually played for money!!! It was a good visit with Sue and Jack and Troy, Poop and Disney.

We headed out the next morning and arrived safely at about 5:30pm - the roads were good except for a short stretch just outside of Perry Sound I think.
Back to normal - another year older but, as far as I am concerned, it just keeps getting better and better and I look forward to many, many more birthdays.
See ya Bye

No comments: