Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

CREATURE SIGHTING


From my front room on the second floor I could see ripples in the water close to shore. I snuck downstairs and out the door and crept towards the edge of the hill for a good view. There were 3 otters in the water. They were hissing at the decoy in the water we use to mark the water pump. Then all three crawled out of the water onto the swimming rock. I stayed very still because they were looking over towards me so I knew that they knew I was there. It was a mother and her 2 babies, altho they were a good size. They shook themselves off and were licking each other and rolling around on the warm rock. It was amazing to watch these good size creatures doing what they do in nature. And me without my camera!!! When will I learn!!! I watched them for about 5 minutes and they soon wandered away on shore somewhere. I came back inside as it was a bit cool and I wasn't really dressed for being outside. But what a treat.
They have been around our lake for a number of years - every once in a while you catch a glimpse of them but never that close.
See Ya Bye
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that wasn`t at your house Andre told me you got it out of a book ha!ha! guess who

northernbliss said...

Linda!! Do you still remember me???

Anonymous said...

Have you been watching the Northern Lights this week ? Do you have photos to share