Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

MY WORK STATION


Just a view from the bar. My arm is sore today from lifting the drinks up to the ledge. I should have stood on a box. We had vodka, rum, scotch and whiskey. I was a bit concerned when I couldn't find any ginergerale (the bride's family had stocked the bar) so I sent someone to buy some at the Post but only 2 people asked for gingerale with their drinks - I forgot I was serving Americans!! They went thru a lot of tonic!!! I`ll know better next time.
I worked the bar from 3:30 til 9:30 and had a riot.  I enjoyed it.  But I didn't remember what people drank except for a few.  I had to ask people to refresh my memory about their drink choices.  They had no problem doing that.  And I got $60 in tips for the Hall!!  I had to remind a few people not to take their drinks outside when they went out for a smoke and I checked for ID a couple of times.  It was a well behaved crowd - except for the rowdy table at the back where Keith and his friends were sitting.  You could hear him laugh all nite long.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Bar tending is a lot of fun, but also hard work; especially remembering who drinks what, I have done it twice.