Total Pageviews

Monday, February 20, 2012

FAMILY (AND FRIENDS) DAY UP NORTH

The forecast  was calling for +3 and sunny so we all decided to head out to a secret lake for some brook trout fishing.  There were 8 of us.  Ron and Mary, Rejean and I, John, Bob, Arnold and Kenny.  We got a fire going because it was a bit chilly when we arrived at about 10am but we quickly scrounged around for some fire wood . That is John warming his hands.  The luncheon menu included hot dogs (Mary forgot her dogs but there was plenty to go around - so much for Mary's list she made up so as not to forget anything because the last fishing trip she forgot the stove!!...home made beans, cheese, black liquorice, honey coated almonds, pickles, beef jerky and pepperonis and buns.  Everyone had lots to eat.
The next picture is a group photo from the back.  Once we got lunch going everyone gathered around.
The next picture is of my personal fishing space.  I am allowed 2 holes, one for jigging and one for the tip-up.  I have my little chair incase I get tired and my pack that holds my stuff.  There is also a beer - I mean beverage can.  And a little yellow scoop to keep ice out of my holes.
The next picture is just of the guys sitting on their machines waiting for at least a hit - all day long and not even a nibble.  But we stuck it out.  It was a beautiful day to spend with family and friends.
The last picture is me.  You can see my nice fur hat that I actually needed for a portion of today.  And look, I have a turtle neck on - who would have thunk that???
See Ya Bye

How did you spend Family Day???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what??no devilled eggs....haha

Anonymous said...

Yes Fishing in the snow is lots of fun especially if you get fish. We have fresh perch for supper tonight, yum yum