Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

IT'S OVER


Well it's over for another year but what a success. We did very well -

served over 300 people. But boy, was it ever hard work. Hot Hot Hot. The floor was wet from the humidity, the cooking and all the people. We had 3 seatings, 5, 6 and 7. By the end of the first sitting I was whipped but my mantra is "if you stop, you drop" so I never stopped until we sat down to eat at about 7:30 and then it was very hard to get back up to clean up. We had been going for 3 days straight - Friday from 9 to 3:30, Saturday from 9 til 6 then Sunday from 9 till 10:30pm. We also had a visit from the liquor inspector but we were legal. Nothing wrong except there were empty bottles of beer that we did not sell, but it was explained that when they were cooking the pig, the cooks had "packed a few" so we were good.

My rice crispy squares went well. My sister told me to put sprinkles on them so that they would appeal to the little kids - it worked!! They all sold. And my fire extinguisher basket went for $55!!

See Ya By

No comments: