Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DELIVERY DAY




I worked at the hall today - for the better part of the day I picked the meat off of a ton of chicken pieces and 2 turkeys for the meat pies. Then I chopped up celery, onions and carrots for the pies as well. I put all the bones and pieces of skin and unusable meat pieces in a pot and added water and simmered it for the gravy. And, if I do say so myself, it was delicious. There were 4 of us - Phyllis, Cheryle, Vickie (pictured above in the trunk of Phyllis' car with all the pies they delivered today) and myself. We are professionals. And that is just a small part of the pies and perogies we have made and delivered.
I have managed to interest the ladies in doing a 1/2 marathon with me next year in Massey. We will call ourselves "The Flour Girls" How appropriate. I will keep you posted on our training.
The guys didn't get any deer today. Time is running out. The plan now is that on Friday we will gather everyone together and do a big push. Keep your fingers crossed.
Roger donated 2 meat pies for dinner tonite. We had a hamburger and a pork pie (from the Hall) and they were delicious. They are now sitting around the kitchen table and discussing all sorts of stuff and I am blogging. Gee, I am glad I am home....
See Ya By
ps - sorry for the duplicate picture - haven't a clue how I did that

No comments: