Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 22, 2009

WE WEREN'T SKUNKED...BUT ALMOST




We decided to give it another try today because the weatherman said it was going to be sunny. But it was foggy - all day long. But we went out anyway. Rejean got one right off the bat and we thought it was going to be a great day. but it turned out to be the only bird we saw (except for the one I saw just before we got back to the cars and we were in a no hunting area). Rejean was ahead of us and then we saw him stop, slowly get off his bike, get his gun, load, aim - then follow the flying bird - aim and fire. He got him. I think he is saying something in the picture because he usually doesn't look like that. We put 60 miles on the bikes today and found a great new fishing spot. Rejean and Rick fished it years ago and it looks like a great place. We'll be back.
The other picture is of the new bridge at LaFoe - they put a lot of money into it and it looks great.
The bird that was supposed to be mine is still alive and kicking. Joy and I went down a trail - I was in the lead - and there in the middle of the road was a nice looking partridge. I stopped my bike, took off my gloves, got off my bike, take my gun off the rack on the front of the bike, get a couple of shells from my pocket, load my gun, cock the gun, aimed just in time to see the bird walk behind a low bush. I should have fired right there and then but I hesitated - I thought I could get a clearer shot. Well I never did because the bird took off into the bush. He who hesitates...
Tomorrow I stay home and do wash and clean my house that I have neglected for about a week. I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday at the Hall - just to finish off the orders.
And I just noticed that Christmas is right around the corner - when did that happen?????
See Ya By

No comments: