Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A TREASURE

There is a joke that you know you are a red neck if you leave the dump with more than you took. Well I am not quite there yet but I did find a beautiful silver candy plate (?) today at the dump. It was in the "store" and I spotted it as I was unloading my recycleables. Someone didn't want it and left it for me. Now I have to find my silver cleaner (or buy some) to restore the shine on it. Maybe I should just leave it as is - you watch Antiques Roadshow and they sometimes don't want it to be cleaned. Decisions decisions.
Nothing this morning in the bush - we all headed out and sat and watched - well, my feet got cold so I was done. I came back to the house and got the garbage together and headed out to the dump,. I got a new CD in the Sault - Vince Gill - I like vince Gill - there are a few songs I like on the CD such as "Nobody Answered When I Called Your Name" and "Give Me Just One More Last Chance" so I had it cranked as I pulled into the dump. You can't beat the titles on county songs. You are either losing your house, your truck, your dog, your girl etc. How depressing. But Dave the Dump Guy liked it and we were bopping our heads as we separated the cans from the water bottles and the pop cans. Can't beat that for entertainment. Andrew must be worried - he thinks we are going to turn into old country folk. Not that there is anything wrong with that...
I'll post a picture of my treasure as soon as I get the camera back from Rejean - he took it in case they got a deer.
See Ya By
By the way - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW - THE BIG 4-0!!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB
IT ONLY GETS BETTR AND BETTER

No comments: