Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 20, 2008

YOU ASKED FOR IT

Remember that TV show? I do - it was interesting. BUT as I do have loyal Blog readers and I do try and cater to them - I have had a request from Sister Sue for the recipe that I cooked the other nite that was soooo good - so - be warned - the remainder of this blog is going to be a recipe - try it - it was good

Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake - compliments of Kraft What's Cooking Magazine

1 1/2 C penne pasta - uncooked
1 package (283g)fresh baby spinach leaves
1 lb boneless skinless chicken boobs cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 1/2 C (1/2 of 700 mL jar) pasta sauce
1 2/3 C (1/2 of 796mL can) dices tomatos drained
1/4 C Philadelphia cream cheese spread
1 C mozzarella shredded cheese
2 Tbsp parmesan grated cheese

heat oven to 375
cook pasta and add spinach to boiling water for last 1 min
cook and stir chicken and basil in non stick skillet - heat 3 min or until chicken looks ok
add pasta sauce and tomatoes - boil - simmer 3 min or chicken done - stir in cheese spread
drain pasta mixture - return to pan
add chicken mixture and 1/2 C mozzarella - spoon into 2L baking dish
bake 20 minutes or until bubbly - sprinkle with remaining cheese - I added more - bake until melted
Enjoy with a loaf of sour dough bread and some nice white wine (I like mine in a box - Hochtaller - good) and a salad
Yum Yum
It only took 2 days for our lake to freeze over - not so you can walk on it but ice from one shore to the other. It is cold. We now have a good base for the tractor snow blower. If you don't have a good base all you do is spit up rocks with the snow. Funny how well you adapt to the snow and cold - it's like it has always been here.
Did my weights today - I am getting re-aquainted (?) with my muscles. I paid attention to how they felt and didn't push it - less weight and less reps. Give me a week and it will be as tho I never stopped.
See Ya by

No comments: