Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life In The Fast Lane

As If!!! Things move slow up here but dock guy finally came back on Friday to finish what he started - he was in full wet suit with a little pump so that he could breath under water to McGiver the leg that was giving him problems - and voila - it worked - after 10 years we finally have a dock - already Jacques - my pet bass - has staked out his claim for residency - I guess that means no fishing off the dock (we'll discuss it later) and I think he has doubled in size from last year - must be all the good worms I feed him. It is everything I thought it would be - and the chairs fit perfectly. You get a totally different view of the lake and the breeze it nice too.
The cement was poured for the deck and it was touch and go but finally it was completed - Basho is not a professional cementist but he is Italian so I think he did a pretty good job. I am happy.
Well tourist season officially starts today - Chris and Egon are on their way up as I type so we expect them at about 1-2pm - let the drinking begin. They will only be staying until Monday morning - just a quick visit. I dashed into town today to get supplies and also hit the liquor store - I think I have enough air miles points to get somewhere - everything is done and ready so I will be cracking a Coors Light and joining Rejean on the dock for cocktails.
I have my chairs and tables and some plants all set up - what do you think? Just picture the fake roof over top of the deck and there you have it - paradise.
Well that's it - I am thirsty after my trip to town - I saw a deer and a turtle - great wild life sightings today.
See Ya Bye

No comments: