Total Pageviews

Monday, July 21, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays....

Woken up at 6:30 am from a dead sleep to get ready to go to the Sault - it doesn't take me that long to get ready to go - let me sleep!!! Headed out at 7:45 - had to pick up a patio umbrella ella ella eh eh eh (still hate that song) from Ute to exchange at Crappy Tire and an order from Linda to find a ceiling fan for them between $30 - $40 - good luck. Dropped the truck off at the dealership and off we went. Got the new umbrella (exchanged an $80 one for a $30 one) and got the ceiling fan at the special two day sale price from the weekend (I just asked if I could get it at the sale price as I am from out of town and she gave it to me - a $60 fan for $24) bargoons.
Then I started looking at flooring and tiles for shower - not easy. There is not a great deal of selection in the Sault - only at Home Depot. I did pick up a sample piece of the floor I like - the Tuscan Stone and a piece of grey slate tile - when I got them home I was surprised at how "busy" the Tuscan Stone was but after a little while of looking at it I realized it would be great downstairs - and the slate tile will go in the bathroom but it will be the black slate instead of grey as the tile I want for the shower will be white subway tile and black details and the counter tops will be black and the cabinets oak with an ebony stain. White will be the color of the toilet and sink. I think it is going to be quite nice. We will be going back tomorrow to pick up Rejean's truck and finish out shopping - we'll also pick up the slate for the bathroom. I think we'll also pick up enough of the Tuscan Stone for the bedroom to finish that room off. And rain...we were in Home Depot and it was just pouring and when we finally were able to leave, the streets were flooded - I mean deep water. We just missed an accident. But at home we had nothing.
Thanks for the comments Sister Sue. The broom is for Linda to travel around the lake - Linda has a nick name of the Snow Bitch up here - actually that is her "handle" for the C.B. She accepted the broom graciously and it is hanging in her garage in a place of honor. And I will get a picture of my new jacket on this blog when I have some spare time. It is actually not realy suede but that faux suede but it is a good faux suede. No animal had to die for my jacket. We were over at John's tonite to deliver the ceiling fan and the female fox was around - John holds up the piece of meat and the fox goes up on her hind legs with her front legs on John's to get the food - ever so gently. They are just gentle animals.
Well that's it for now - stay tuned for more tomorrow....
See Ya Bye

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Hi Aunt Janet & Uncle Rejean!!!!