Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE WANDERER RETURNS

Rejean returned home today from his ice fishing trip to North Bay. The cold spell kind of put a damper on the fishing but it sounds like they had a great time. He didn't bring home any fish but they did have a few meals and last night was the fish fry. They go to the Waltonian Inn and they are treated very well there. The huts are big and spacious and they take very good care of you. It is also a good time to spend with all the guys.
I finally stepped outside today after the all day snowfall yesterday. The snow was about 6 inches deep - I was surprised at how deep it was. I walked down to the garage and the top of my boots were under the snow above my ankles. Thank goodness it was light and fluffy. I shovelled the front of the house and then went down to the garage where I shovelled a path from the wood shed to the garage - I had to fill up Rejean's wood supply as well as mine. There were also big tracks down the road. They were too big to be the fox's so they must be the wolf's. They came right up to the house then down the drive. One day I'll see him. Maybe that's why the fox hasn't been around - he smells the wolf's presence.
I totally forgot that one of my chores while Rejean was away was to fill the nail holes on the pine we installed. I got it done in less than 1 hour - Looks great. It is just this light colored putty you fill the little holes with then wipe with a damp cloth. You can' even see where they were. I had to do the corners and I think I'll have to go over them again tomorrow. Practice makes perfect.
Rejean will be blowing snow again tomorrow - here we go again...
See Ya By

No comments: