Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 4, 2009

AS BUSY AS A ....BEAVER



Behind our place is a small stream that flows from the overflow of our lake - our lake is actually held back by a beaver dam. If it broke our lake would be down about 2 feet. This morning I looked out on the little swamp in the back and noticed it was full of water - I thought that because of all our rain - 5 days worth - that it was just saturated. Rejean took a walk down there and lo and behold the beaver had built a small dam at a narrow place on the stream. The stream wasn't moving and it was overflowing the banks. We got our waders on and took care of that. I don't think the Beaver will be too happy with us. But if he did that overnite he must have been working very hard. There was a couple of hundred pounds of grass, mud, bull rushes and logs. He must have been very very busy. We'll have to keep an eye on the stream - I imagine he'll be back.
Today is also Jodie's 34th birthday - how time flies. I first met Jodie when she was 3 years old - what a little sweetheart. I am proud to say she still is a little sweetheart and I am very thankful to have her in my life - my life is better with her in it. Happy Birthday Jodie!!!
See ya By

No comments: