Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

W T F (ASK YOUR KIDS)




Weird weather (i before e except after c doesn't work for weird) The wind is just howling - we are supposed to have up to 90k/hr winds and I think we have achieved that (that worked). The depris is everywhere. We aren't getting the 35-40 sm of snow that Wawa is supposed to get - thank goodness.


But enough about the weather. This is the second day with high speed. I must say that when I was posting my picture yesterday, it posted so fast I was startled. It is just amazing. Now I just have to find out how many mg are in a gig or whatever I am being measured on. I will google it after I am done here. But I am pleased. I will have to let people know up here that this is available. I did call Bell last week asking about high speed and she said I wasn't in the right area - that the nearest tower was over 100 km away - obviously she didn't know what Bell has to offer. Oh well, I have it now. I am happy.

I am always talking about the Post - it is actually The Tunnel Lake Trading Post and this is a picture of it. It is an LCBO outlet where we get a lot of our beverages - it has about everything you need in groceries - even cupcake papers. It carries fishing equipment, hunting supplies and clothes, great souvenirs, T shirts, hats, fireworks, worms, minnows (as I blogged before, when you ask for a dozen minnows, you get 12 minnows - no bakers dozen or a couple of extra - 12 minnows - Keith counts them out), leeches etc. It is better than driving the 42 km into Thessalon. And he has the best ice cream cones around - delicious. I have to give credit to his mother, Pat, who is no longer with us - she scooped the best cones in the world - she is missed.
I also got a picture of Keith, the proprietor of the Post (I asked him to smile but I think I took the picture before he did. He always has something nice to say, or a joke. He has a great laugh and if he doesn't know who you are he calls you Bud. I always enjoy a trip to the Post.
Tonite I have my first meeting of the Wharncliffe Citizens Committee. We may get in to see the new hall that they have been working on all winter. Let the dinners begin.
See Ya By

No comments: