Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 11, 2012

GUESS WHAT I MADE TODAY...

...P is for partridge!!!  I was scheduled to help at the Hall today to make meat pies so I had an idea to make a Partridge Pie...and I did.  I took 6 breasts out of the freezer - 4 partridge and 2 spruce hens and took them to the Hall.  Cheryle told me how to cook them - I cut them into 3 parts and simmered them in a cast iron frying pan with salt and pepper.  Once the water had almost evaporated, I added some butter and browned the meat.  I then picked the meat off, added some carrots, celery and onions and some chicken gravy and put them in Phyllis' dough.  Ron was over for dinner and he and Rejean said it was delicious - tasted like chicken ;o).

...and yes, Ed, there is one in the freezer for you and Barry...


No comments: