Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 29, 2014

SOME BIRD WATCHING

I saw this bird at the other property down by the stream.  Needless to say it really caught my eye.  I had never seen a bird so vibrantly coloured before.  It really was a orange red and he stood out like a sore thumb.  He stayed around for a few minutes then flew away but he was back in the same place when we were done.  I quickly got my trusty bird book out and discovered it is a Scarlet Tanager.  My first one.
And I didn't have my camera with me - I am sorry to say that my camera has lost it's brain - it doesn't work anymore so I am looking for another one to replace it.  It was only two years old for goodness sake and I took good care of it.  I guess things don't last very long anymore.

I borrowed this picture from the Internet and the picture doesn't do it justice.  It was beautiful.

No comments: