Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 27, 2021

A WONDERFUL DAY












 

What an amazing day fishing!!  We loaded up the trailers with the quads and headed out to a spot not far from where we live.  It was a very ambitious trail to get to the spot and it took us about 45 minutes to get there   We haven't fished it in a while and the last time we never got anything.  It was cool, sunny and the bugs weren't bad.  Perfect.  We all caught fish.  We ended up with 12 between the three of us.  One rainbow and the rest were Brook Trout.  I got a beauty in a nice hole.  I never even knew I had him on.  The water was running very strong and my cast was retrieved and then hung up for a moment.  I looked down and saw a stick with a big square fish tail by it and I hoped it was on my line.  Rejean and I forgot our nets on the quad so we had to beach all our fish.  And with ultra light rods and only 6 pound test line it was tricky.  But I pulled that fish out of the water and onto the rocks with a cheer.  Got him!!  He was delicious!!!  It has been a long time since we had a nice Brook Trout dinner and some were left over for Rick to take home with him.  

No comments: